Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Perfect summer

We have an Island just 40 minutes by ferry, called Waiheke.
It's know for it's vineyards, silky sandy beaches, coffee shops and most of the inhabitants are artists, potters, sculptures, painters etc.
On a good day (actually most days), it's Paradise.
For me, it relaxing / tanning on a beach, swimming in the lovely clear water, and having a fabulous lunch

Things I wished for -
I should have had a shave this morning instead of 2 nights ago and I also wish I had bought make up and a mirror.

 

After swim look, the water was fantastic
Drying off, sun in my face

It's also the first time my wig has been for a swim and also first time I've accidental left it hanging in a tree when I got up from my shade and tried walking a few steps. It took longer to dry than expected even in the baking heat that left me with bikini tan lines.

At lunch, I had a lovely chat to a couple who had arrived in their own 23 ft boat. Of course wearing a wig in this heat, did not stop me from sweating profusely (still wishing I had shaved and had make up - but sometimes life just happens).
It's nice having a pretty coloured bikini under my lace top


No comments: