Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, March 6, 2016

No girl time

Sorry, I didn't make it out.
Oldest daughter who is "not allowed" to know, has been moving her stuff back in to our house as she will reside with us until her Uni course finishes late this year.

All week I've been grinding my concrete patio (had that late 70's vinyl and resin non slip top, and 40 years were not kind to it), while it was only a couple of mm, I ended up with about 25 Kg of slurry.

I did manage 2 swims in girl mode (one piece swim suit and breast forms) to help my back after many hours of grinding concrete and one water walker old girl did some whispering to her friend about me

Saturday was, lunch with friends and an oil change in my old 8 seater car, now my oldest girl has parked my car (and my dresses) back at my house.

Sunday morning was pricing balustrades for around the patio.
Sunday lunch was walking the dog
Sunday 5.30 pm I got the go to remove the external weatherboard wall in our house extension and slot in the renovated french double doors - took 2 hours start to finish (just some trim to complete the fit off) which isn't bad for a girl working on her own.

Monday - I must check the roof hasn't sagged :)  Normally I would use a pressure sensor, but being Sunday evening and all the hi-tech hire shops shut, I'm limited to a go/no go gauge that I have for free.

I love week days (Monday to Friday), I get to relax, push a mouse around a desk.

No comments: