Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, April 3, 2016

When I started this blog, I didn't really want you to know much about me, in case you lived next door, or you were my boss or my work mate at the next desk. But over the years, as society changes, as I'm not fighting my way up the corporate ladder, as I don't really care about my gender reputation, I've tended to open up a bit more.


So today, officially it's my birthday, I say officially because I was born in a different time zone at the end of their day, so probably still 36 hours away. But who cares really, it's just another day.
I've spent yesterday continuing the house renovations - trip to the refuse collection centre to get rid of the building material scattered around the house as my renovations get close to ending and wife wants the place looking nice for friends to visit and eat my birthday cake.
We also went birthday shopping, wife got me some mascara, not sure what else I want, but a nail gun is still on my hit list as I'm over using a hammer all the time - yes I was trained and apprenticed with a hammer - still not as much fun as a power tool.


But lets start the day in girl mode - yep, McDonalds for a coffee, read the newspaper, wearing a white top with see through strips and black leather look skater skirt.


As daylight savings started this morning, I'm an hour early for shopping, decided to go back to K-mart for a new top and it's nice to read that summer (and my short skirts) will still be in style for a few more weeks even if it does get dark by 6 pm.

I changed to pants for K-mart, though it might be more age appropriate - as if I cared :)

No comments: