Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Monday, April 25, 2016

ANZAC Day

A day for us to remember our war dead as well as those who have served and are currently serving our country. It's also about remembering our brothers from Australia and England who also lost their lives in combat.

After the dawn services, my local coffee shops were overflowing and without a spare table, so I headed further away to my not so local, but regular coffee shop, which has WiFi.


I needed the WiFi, as my darling wife is currently in South Africa on holiday and it's our Skype time (her 10 pm is my 8 am).

Of course she reminded me that as soon as I get home, to properly wash of the make up, remove my nail polish and trim my long nails. I bet in the next Skype in 12 hours she will check my nails - so I best be a good boy and do as I'm told.

So my 23 year old daughter who doesn't "know" about my CDing, has now seen me in floral tights, my new red almost rubbery tights, black tights, about 4 different girly tops and yesterday asked if I was  going to do a Caitlyn Jenner. We had a nice chat about my clothing habits.






With my wife away, I've had easy conversations with my girls, fun cooking sessions, fun clothes shopping, managed to finish the painting of the refurbished room, mow the lawn, manually wash all the dishes (my F&P dishwasher hasn't been used since wife left). Done all the laundry, watched a few movies and read half a book - even though wife has only been gone 4 full days. I've got so much spare time, I could probably also build a boat before she gets home in 2 weeks.
All this while mostly in women's clothes, sometimes I think being a house wife is easy and to much fun, think I'll vacuum the house once the kids are awake.

No comments: