Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Expecting better -
I had grown my leg hair ready for waxing, but decided a better present from my daughter was for her to take me to a movie, so Sunday I shaved my legs as I wanted to wear a short sun dress today. Well after about 5 weeks of cloudless baking hot summer sun, today it decided to be cloudy with light rain, so this morning it's in to Miss 16 tight Nike running pants.
Like any other girl, it took me quite a few changes to settle on a white top and blue skirt.

Today I wanted to try something different with makeup, so a thin foundation coat using my daughters lighter foundation, leaving the eyes nude to exaggerate my mascara, and some lip gloss. This I would consider my minimalist makeup ever for an outing.
Looking under tungsten lighting, it looks nice, unfortunately with natural light in my eyes from above and a camera flash, it ends up looking like this.....

So perhaps a little more makeup of the correct colour is required in the future.

Also, I'm grinning as I'm currently stretching my lovely 2 inch heels shoes, or should I say my shoes are currently crushing my toes

Regardless of these fashion foux pas, I had a lovely light breakfast and 40 minute stroll around the shops with Josie, tried on several skirts, bought a new plain white top. Saw some pretty floral push up bras at the underwear shop, but the $70 price tag prevented me from entering the shop

I would have bought 3 tops and a skirt that all looked fabulous on me, but for a little traffic infringement that has knocked our budget out of touch for the next 4 weeks.
So please note, when dropping of oldest daughter at Uni, do NOT cross the bus lanes, especially if a council enforcement officer has a video camera pointed in your direction

No comments: