Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Monday, February 16, 2015

Small happenings

Okay, firstly my 50 year old body is taking far to long to mend after falling off the ladder and occasionally my back or shoulder creates significant amounts of pain to such extent some friends are trying to get me on to pain killers. Always thought pain killer are for girls ( joke ), but will up my exercise to assist the repair of the damaged areas.

With my other arm, I a manged to paint the bathroom walls and install a shower dome over the weekend - I wish they were around decades ago, would have saved many bathroom ceilings that I've replaced. If you want a nice dry room after showering, this is the way to go, far better than fans and heaters.

Today I had to stop on the 3 lane motorway (freeway) to put out a car fire, always a fun job, but thankfully a lot of motorists stopped to help or just block the lane so it was safe for those of us who carry fire extinguishers. Okay we had to crowbar the hood open as it was to hot to touch, then found the an empty engine bay (car was on a trailer), so really unsure what caught fire, something by the front left wheel.


No comments: