Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Friday, July 21, 2023

OMG Margot Robbie

 Okay, so I got my pink top on and saw Barbie

While there no denying Margot is the most attractive woman on the planet, her acting is absolutely fantastic (as usual) and she had me happy, sad and all the other feelings that went into what should be the best movie of the decade. Being over 50 and a Sci-Fi fan the first 3 minutes had me in stitches with the opening, however the under 30's probably won't get it, "but that's evolution Baby." The story line is great and a must see for 12 year old girls and older (no age limit on older, would still be great for the over 90's). I really wished Ruth Handler could have been in the movie, but she passed in 2002. I think I might have to see it again soon as there's quite a bit to unpack and who knows, it's probably a better and more current character study than Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet for schools to study.


Anyway, go see it

Earlier in the week, as well as removing half a wall, fixing a hot water leak where rats have eaten into my pipe, I also took the opportunity to re-locate a light switch that has bugged me for the last 10 years and once I pick up another bit of dry wall and plastering it in, and eventually painting it.... home ownership is often a lot of work. So to relax, I often go out for coffee :)


I must admit, I got quite a few looks, the expressions were like "oh look, a crossdresser" that didn't feel so good (20%), and other times (80%) just a knowing smile from people passing - I do like that, it's like "I see you and it's okay to be a woman"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

getting the knowing looks are ok, getting the wow good for you look is better shame we dont allways get the good for you look (sandra)

Denise said...

Thank you for sharing! I so want to see the movie, in a theater, and dressed as Denise. You are an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel. Anneke here. My partner is away for a couple of days so I am in girl mode. Not been here for ages. I like your new wig much mire natural looking. Should be able to get quite a long day in tomorrow as I only have work first thing. My partner is also away a couple of times next month so Anneke can come out to play again. Lots of fun. Don't think I would go to see Barbie though. Margot is pretty hot. Not sure where to wander probably the same old Silverdale. I feel comfortable there. Anneke.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel. Went out yesterday to Milford Mall. Had a bit of a shock thought I saw somebody I know having coffee. She looked my way so I turned and wandered in the other direction. I suppose people are not expecting to see me in girl mode so fingers crossed. She is supposed to be away. Maybe it was somebody who looked similar ??? Anyway bit of a wobble. Dressed again today and probably off to yes Silverdale. Lets hope I don't see anybody else.. I also have coloured contacts now so not my normal eye colour. Anneke.

Rachel said...

Hi Anneke
I've had the same issue once in Kmart, got to within about 8 meters of a work colleague and as she turned to face me I turned away to look at something in the opposite direction. It's just one of the risks we take, unfortunately I don't have a good memory for faces so probably have had close encounters without knowing. Hope you had a good outing