Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Monday, July 17, 2023

Managed to escape for a day

 Earlier in the week, trying to put a sporty look on, went out for an early coffee break.

Not going to show you those photos, looking like I had been dragged through a hedge backwards, hair pretty much sticking up in all directions and tights looking baggy around the knees (or maybe I have baggy knees and the tights are just doing their thing).

Anyway, managed to get Sunday to myself, a bit of shopping in the morning at Newmarket.



After the shops, a quick visit to a garden center and was very surprised at just how many plants are flowering, counting my blessings wife wasn't there to see it otherwise I'd probably need a trailer to get her purchases home - just kidding, but she does love gardening.



In the afternoon, I managed a stroll around (and get a bit lost) in the Auckland Museum just to pass a couple of hours. I did enjoy the Auckand Stories section and a photo expo by someone who traveled the lower south island back in the late 70's.




Having fun with mirrors, I could see 3 of me, but the camera decided 2 was more than enough for you 😁


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Omg my wife and I were at the Museum on Saturday, we hadn'tbeentherefor years.
I missed you by a day.
Toni in nz.