Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Monday, October 24, 2016

Long weekend with a difference

Friday -  midnight, dropped 3 of my girls off in the city to go clubbing. I remember the days when I used to dance all night with lots of hot girls. Now my girls are the hot girls and I'm to old to get past the bouncers.

Saturday - 4 am and 5 drunk and danced out kids crash at my house, sounds like they had a blast.
                  5 am and wife's facebook app starts kicking off as relatives from the other side of the
                            world start posting
                  6 am and it's fun bedroom time :)
                  7 am and we need milk for our morning coffee, but I wasn't in the mood for full
                            dress up, so I didn't do makeup or a wig, and instead went to the
                            supermarket exactly like this scary outfit.



Semi-transparent "bright orange" top (don't know why the camera sees it as the colour it does), shiny black pants, jandals and painted toe nails.

At first I was scared to get out the car, thinking "what the hell am I doing". But once I was in the shop I realized how FREE I really was. I was at peace with myself and feeling very confident with just being me.
So with that revelation, I realized the wig and makeup isn't to make me a girl - it's there so as not to scare you  :)




Saturday 11 am - Just a though that I should share - reports from the kids clubbing is that the straight clubs they visited are boring and full of guys with bad attitudes whereas they reckon gay club really rocked, go figure.

Monday morning outing.
Amazing dawn with the sky glowing pink, I had hoped to photograph it for you from the Auckland Museum but got there to late, so went to Greenland McDonalds for a coffee and to read the newspaper (ie. passing the time waiting for shops to open)
 




















Finished that to early, so visited Sylvia Park where I needed to eventually buy stuff for Miss 18 studies, so decided to have breakfast, read some software code (I haven't done C++ for about 12 years). On the way home I stopped at my local supermarket, I think they are getting used to "the crazy old (wo) man"
 








No comments: