Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Holidays finished, back to normal routine

Great day for an outing but first...
While on holiday, wife's car dies while she is heading for work. Friday, the day I return wife is driving my car, and the suspension starts making a unusual noise.
Saturday - wife's 2004 Mazda is dead beyond my abilities and even the ECU isn't reporting whats wrong so it's off to the shop for new ECU, new air sensor, new fuel pump and fuel sensor. My 1996 Toyota has a broken shock which my local shop has spares so fixed in 30 minutes.
I also had to fix the clothes washer and dish washer on my return.
Normally the plumbing fails when I'm away, so I showed the girls how to fix that and where my spares are kept just in case the house floods AGAIN.

Anyway, the weather today was like being in Paradise, summer is heading this way so it's enough of an excuse to get out the house for an hour after work, even if it is just for a scone and coffee at Howick Village Cafe - yes I told them that since they are so nice to me, asking why I hadn't visited in the last few weeks etc etc, that I would recommend them in my blog. So if your ever cross dressing (or not) in East Auckland, they do great food and coffee, discrete parking if needed and it's only a few steps away to the cinema next door.




No comments: