Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Last full day in Melbourne

Since arriving, the area has had storms, floods and very cold winds. Somewhere between sun set and sun rise, the storms stopped and today is cloudless and stinking hot.
Today at a Op shop I found a cute gothic dress with no size label but it looks about right. Tried it on, slipped snuggly over my arms but my belly was a size to big. The snug fit on my arms meant it wouldn't come off easily. I tried for about 10 minutes struggling with the dress, turning red with the effort, just as I was about to call for help, my damaged shoulder made a loud click and it rotated to a funny angle and I escaped the imprisoning dress.
I can't wait to be home again with wife and kids and can dress how I want.
In the meantime I'm watching RuPauls drag racing on t.v. until my sister gets home wishing I had brought a book on this trip.

No comments: