Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Post Christmas Roast

No, not Christmas, or food, just bloody hot here (we call 27 C or 80f with 65% humidity - hot)
especially when it stays high until 1 am before we can sleep.
It probably wouldn't be so bad if my brain didn't slip out of sleep mode before the sun rose at 6 am.
So with barely 5 hours of crappy sleep, I made it out for a morning coffee in my favorite skater skirt.

I remember shopping with Josie about 2 years ago, tried on the skirt, checked it out in the common area mirror next to Josie and the sales assistant, got so excited, I did a twirl and flashed them both my pink g-string undies. The look on their faces was priceless

I digress, so this morning at 7 am I had my first coffee at my usual McDonalds and read the newspaper (on the table behind me). But by 8 am I was both tired & bored so headed home and into my workshop to tweak part of my daughters car that was held with duck tape but now properly screwed together, thanks to some fancy resins and some common screws that I modified in to
self-tapping, for the job.












11 am I visited Josie, in the convertible, which was way to hot without the roof on.
We shared a pizza meal while I also enjoyed a cool refreshing glass of wine.
Funny how when us girls get together, we can chat for hours, and again - that was only 1 glass of wine.

While Josie knew she had a fence to paint when she got home, I was surprised to find my wife and daughter waiting for me to hang lots of new wall pictures and mirrors from their shopping spree while I was out.
The joys of letting women run free with bank cards, but why couldn't they buy something that didn't need me to spend 3 hours to buy and fit off special wall mounts - why couldn't they just be happy with a lunch, like us?



No comments: