Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, December 20, 2015

2 weeks of Hell, but finally a chance to relax

Since my last story of driving my daughters car up the length of New Zealand (okay a bit of exaggeration, 1,000 kms and 1,800 kms are not the same), I've been hit by the Christmas rush both at work and at home. I scored some decking timber from the neighbour and finally finished & stained the deck, I still owe him a few beers for that.
The weekend before I was doing touch up re-spraying of daughters new car, it looks like it's fresh from the factory now.
Work has been not only double booking me, but also pushing a lot of overtime and "special" jobs my way.

Sunday (today) has been a partial relax, starting with a bush escape with my youngest girl to do some archery - I would show you my double bulls eye, but she kept putting her face in to the photo to claim it as hers.

I finally managed to get out with my girlfriend Josie, who also has massive work commitments, so I tried to sweeten her outing with an impromptu picnic at the beach (my wife always tells me to NOT do impromptu stuff - she is very wise and one day I may be wise enough to listen to her).
Anyway we both enjoyed the chocolate brownies and chatted for a far to shorter time, watched the funniest launch of a refurb'd 7.6 mtr Pelican boat, a few families having a swim, and relaxed for a bit before the manly commitments of the real world were apon us.







































Yesterday I bought these tights from Cotton On Body for $34. They are extremely comfortable, figure hugging (okay I was thinking of trying to impress Josie when I bought them) and they hide legs that haven't been waxed for a couple of weeks. They will be my automatic "go to" pants if I'm not in a skirt or dress and I would recommend them to anyone.
The top is actually green mesh to show my hot pink bra - I mean why have a hot pink bra if your not allowed to show it off.
If you think my hair is crazy, my wife helped me with a pony tail, which I loved playing with and wrapping around me on this windy day.

As I got home I heard miss 18 shout "mum will kill you if she saw you come in like that", which was funny as all my wife said when I left was "check the neighbours aren't looking"

No comments: