Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Went swimming

So I've tried to kick start my fitness swimming, although my shoulder injury from several months ago caused issues on Mondays swim, today the shoulder has performed almost to the level of before the injury.

My wife was concerned about my toes














Or rather the colour thereof

What an experience once I got through the door

Lady at the counter "Are you okay using the mens room?"
                                                    - "No, I'll use the family room thanks"
                                 "Cool otherwise I can get you a private change room if you prefer"
                                 "Would you like a cap?"
                                                   - "no I'll be swimming in male mode thanks, but I would prefer to                                                              wear a more feminine one piece swim suit".
                                  "Oh I just thought if you didn't want to totally change, the skull cap will                                           keep your hair dry"
A nice discussion about what would be okay for me including the one piece with the skirt, or put shorts over like many girls do.
How often do you get such wonderful, understanding people?

After my 500 meter swim, I got changed, asked the lady at the counter if she would take a photo of me for you, she said okay I just need a minute to work the shop.
Eventually a young couple came in and sat beside me and I asked them to take the photo for me, the young man did, I chatted a bit more with him and the girl with him before heading home.
Again - more wonderful people
Lady at the counter apologised for being busy longer than expected and "hope to see you back soon"

Basically a really nice outing, with a fitness routine as well.

I didn't bother with make up as I left the pool, so here is the first photo of me EVER, without make up and 5 o'clock stubble so apologies if I look like an old man almost trying to be a beautiful woman (who said mental issues can't be fun)




No comments: