Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Saturday, April 25, 2015

ANZAC Day

A disruptive morning, waking nearly every hour.

Today is ANZAC day, it was 100 years ago today when New Zealand and Australian troops landed at Anzac cove, to be killed in the thousands, so that we could live free, without persecution.

While I wanted to dress nicely and go to the parades to show my support for our fallen heroes, I think the 11 am service with my wife is a better idea than a pre-dawn outing. I decided to do some early morning design work, in my corset and lemon yellow dress I described last week.
Around  9 am, I realized my wife would sleep for at least another hour, so quickly slapped on foundation and lip stick and headed out to breakfast. My blue beard is showing through, but I'm still feeling very pretty, smiling at all the people looking at me in the busy cafe - guessing many families were up before dawn for the military parades and now the adults needing a coffee hit to stay awake.

I so love this dress my wife bought, I feel like a proper "lady", well I probably would do if I was wearing under ware, but this dress hangs nicely without such under garments. It does mean I have to tuck my dress as the seat is cold and be careful as I lean in to my car as there is a slight and cool breeze swirling around the buildings, and other areas.

So in the girl zone,
it was sad when I had to get back to "Normal"

No comments: