Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, May 3, 2015

House invaded by South Africans

Okay, maybe catchy title, but it was a friends 50th birthday party, and while there were 2 of us, that weren't born in South Africa, the birthday girl and the other 30 were born in SA.
Saturday was a early set up, to get the lamb & chicken cooking, salads ready, and the yard perfect. The afternoon and late in to the evening was party time.
Sunday another early start with the clean up - for 2 hours I was in my floral leggings the kids bought me for Christmas, a bra and green top, then changed before the first helpers arrived.

Actually I had some amazing girl time afterwards as I took one of my girls out to buy jewellery, we had a blast and a really fun girly chat over lunch.
I was so dressed inappropriately - in regular men's clothes, but inside I was all girl

So while life is not always about being dressed pretty, while normal things can still happen, sometimes you can have great girl time even when your not a girl.

No comments: