Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Playful or not.

Been running low on energy these last few weeks.
Partly because my diet is wrong, partly my lack of exercise and partly because my cats sleep on my legs, which keeps me awake all night.

So what's that got to do with anything -
Well actually when I'm energized, I feel young and playful and I tend to dress that way, which also upsets my teenage daughters who want to wear my playful skirts & tops, or I borrow theirs.

Having low energy these last two weeks has seen me out in clothes more fitting a late 40's lady more in to relaxing. In fact I visited Kmart this morning and tried on a lovely new skirt that was both trendy and more for the middle aged ladies and if I had the top to go with it, would have had yet another skirt in my wardrobe (pls note: my very last pair of man-jeans now has a rip where the cool winds put a rude smile on my face)


McDonalds 8.00am wake me up coffee

Super Relaxed and feeling good with
a light brunch and Josie to chat to































































So now I'm thinking older, I'm thinking relaxing,
Okay, what I'm really thinking is a cruise to Waiheke Island and taking a tour of the vineyards, that would be super-fun, also thinking I must re-visit the art gallery or museum or botanic gardens soon.
I might even try to get to the "Girls Night Out" movies at my local on Wednesday the 9th to see Naomi Watts in "Diana".

For those who think it's always girl time for me, last week I took about 800Kg of vegetation to the tip and after this mornings outing I finally rebuilt the outer wall of the house and painted after the water leak incident last month where I had to remove that section of wall.
I also mowed the lawns and relocated about 400kg of top soil.

No comments: