Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Monday, September 16, 2013

Weekend has come and gone and

Without a purpose or project it seams rather empty.

Luckily my wife accidentally broke a desk top lamp so I spent an hour adding fibre glass reinforcing to the stem and glued all the broken pieces back on. Apart from a few hairline fractures it hard to tell it had been broken - and more importantly wife is happy to have her lamp back.

Played soccer with miss 14.
I hope she stays interested as I need the exercise.
Especially after going to an Italian restaurant with Josie and her wife yesterday.
The delicious chicken and pasta dish, followed by Sticky Date Pudding has pushed me 5kg over my desired weight (or 1kg over my recommended weight).
A girl has to watch these things, and I haven't been as high as 77kg (170lbs) for about 12 years

But when you have good company and good wine, it's definitely worth it.

Yes Josie, I did photoshop some of my wrinkles out




















Miss 14 had a spray tan. Even at the risk of turning orange, she braved the tanning booth and today she braved her school mates giving her crap - and survived both. It's nice that she can chose to be who ever she wants to be without worrying what others may or may not think of her.

Actually, it was a very good weekend
But then, that's how I chose every day to be, every time I wake up.

No comments: