Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Life

Went out this morning, white long sleeve top, daughters black mini skirt, black stockings and heels. We've run out of a few groceries (tea, margarine, toilet paper etc) and on the way to the shops, I stopped for a cup of tea.

While checking my makeup in the ladies mirror, I meet a beautiful young woman (I'm guessing 19) crying.
At a table, I got my tea and she a coffee (compliments of the excellent staff at McDonald's). 
Turns out she was / is on the birth control injection, but now she is pregnant and while she hadn't yet told her boyfriend, he sounded like a supportive person.
Now this beautiful young pregnant girl, could easily have this baby, go to University, get a great job, have a great life, but there is one minor setback.........

And I cried for her

She is of Indian decent.

I pray her parents are supportive, because she is a wonderful girl.

No comments: