Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Museum 29 Jan 2012

I'd like to thank the nice people in New Zealand, for letting me be me.
So far, I've only had positive experiences when ever I've been out. Possibly because people tend to behave more during daylight hours, or maybe people are more accepting of alternative lifestyles, I don't really know, but I've had a wonderful day out today:-
Being an early waker, I went searching through Bunnings Hardware just after opening to look for a new TV aerial post, or some string to help support the rusty old aerial - the staff were really friendly and helpful (ok a couple stared, but I just smile to them). Unfortunately moneys a bit tight just now so it will have to wait another week or 2. I was also looking for parts to make a stabilizer for my video camera - which I should have done before Christmas.
This was followed up by a McDonald coffee and a chocolate muffin at 10am at the quite busy Greenlane shop - again very nice service and facilities, even got a free newspaper.
I then went to the Auckland Museum for a look around



























Had a relaxing cup of tea while there and checking out all the people. I wasn't to keen on the hand basin design in the ladies room, but the toilets were clean and well lit (the designer in me could have made it nicer)





















After a refreshment stop, it was time for a walk around the winter gardens, saw a wedding party having their photos taken and some chap with a large camera lens thought I was hot enough that he took a few photos of me - he obviously had eye sight issues.

1 comment:

Tia C.D. said...

You are an inspiration...