Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Friday, January 27, 2012

January 2012

Last week, my other self, drove 680Kms to Wellington with the family (wife & 4 girls). Really enjoyed our time there, it's such a lovely compact city. Although we were in the outskirts of town, the city centre was only 10 minutes away and the hills made such lovely scenery. We did the national museum, biked the water front, walked the gardens, mini golf. On the return trip, we stayed a night in Rotorua (known for its thermal activity, mineral spas, mud pools - but more so for the kids - the luge rides).
The only drawback was - I wasn't allowed to take any of my clothes - OK, so my shiny tights stowed away, but I only got to wear them for a couple of hours before one of my daughters begged to wear them, I wouldn't normally mind, but they looked better on her than on me :-)

After a week, I finally managed to get out ( I was feeling neglected so it was shiny mini skirt & tight top), Friday consisted of an early coffee and taking the family wagon in for it's 6 monthly safety checks (Warrant Of Fitness). I'm unsure if my short skirt helped the inspection or not.

No comments: