Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Been stuck in man land

Been pretending to be a tradie, lugging cement around and helping with building work. Apart from all my muscles being sore and blisters on my hands and a totally wrecked pair of gumboots, it's been quite addictive. Remember that scene with Arnold using the jackhammer in Total Recall, well I feel like my body should look like that now. Not that body building has ever actually worked on me (insufficient Testosterone).

I did get some "me time" in before that, luckily and even trying on a few new dresses, but haven't really felt like dressing since. What I do know, is when the urge returns, it will be twice as strong as it was before.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel. Anneke is out and about again. Partner is away so taken the opportunity. Silverdale again!!!!!!!!. Walk round Farmers but nothing took my fancy. Dresses are so boring. Anyway enjoyed the time out.I must have the look off to a tee now as I don't seem to get a second glance from people. Should also get an outing in November, partner goes away to Brisbane for a few days. Leaves on the 14 comes back 17th. Could get a good couple of days in there. Looking forward to it. Then I have no idea when the next time might be. Probably next year. Anyway I'll keep following your adventures. Stay well Anneke.

Rachel said...

Did you get a coffee in the mall, I like the view from the windows from there and the dress shop opposite normally has something pretty on the mannequin outside their door. Wife just came out of the shower, leaned over me and tried to leave a comment (left talc all over my keyboard), something about bad influences. Anyway, sorry Farmers didn't tickle your fancy - wife and daughter showed me a beautiful dark brown with gold streaks dress from them 2 weeks ago (that changing room in the second photo is Farmers at Botany), hoping I would buy one for "sharing"