Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Friday, September 22, 2023

Hot tip for the day....

I like Mexican food (and Indian), but often think the spices have been spared and that white people are missing out on the big kick in the tastebuds in order to make food commercially popular. 

Last month oldest daughter made Mexican that burned inside me for an hour or more. She advised me that "one" of her secrets was Chilli oil. She got it from a craft fair in Mangawhai, and I love this region of New Zealand. Saturday morning (market day) the pub is in full steam supplying great food and beer and I've always enjoyed the live music, including when the local school aged kids are on the stage knocking out a few well known songs. Keeping it real, the lads and I have food and beers, relaxing to the music, while the women folk are shopping, the longer they shop, the happier we become 😀

The 2-3 hour cliff walk is a fun challenge while in the area (take water with you), as is just taking a stroll along the beach


AirBnB with the grandchildren at Mangawhai

Well last week, my oldest gave me a jar of Mangafire Chilli and today I stuck it into my Nacho's, 3 small tea spoons and an hour later still sweating and my mouth is still on fire.



No comments: