Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, August 13, 2023

Social Norms

Okay, so we all want to blend and become one of the girls, but what happens if you want to be an extra ordinary girl? Is this like breaking the rules? Surely, if you want to be "normal" stay in mens clothes but if your going to swap genders, why not go hard at it if your in that mood.

So anyway, being in an extraordinary mood, I decided to go hard with black and as shiny as my wardrobe allows, black body suit, black skirt, black jacket and just to lighten the mood a bit, light coloured hair.


Never in my life have I greeted so many strangers and had them wishing me a good morning, in my life, tough looking blokes and woman walking by, even those telling their mates to turn around for a look, I got a pleasant good morning out of them. Maybe they picked up on my mood or maybe my confidence but it sure made for a fantastic morning shopping.

Later in the afternoon, it got a bit hot so I decided to cool down a bit and I know some of you will like the way I go from overheated to cool 😆😇


Otherwise
We can just try to blend, which is also fun if you take a good attitude with you even if it is just out for something as mundane as lunch.




I wasn't wearing makeup this morning as it was a quick coffee outing, back home by 9.30am. Wife and kids were expecting me home for heavy renovation work, so I didn't take a photo for you, scared it might hurt the camera.
I was spotted by some teenage girls and while they knew I have a male body that was dressed differently, their interest in me lasted about 2 seconds, maybe 3. Meanwhile I had a polite conversation with a couple of adult females at the coffee shop about what was in todays newspaper and how non of of us won the $33M lotto (yes that was in the newspaper as well- that no one won it).

I think, in most of New Zealand, you can just be yourself (with a good attitude), I've never had an issue being myself on aircraft, in other towns, at the doctors.


 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wearing that black was so noughty on you.luv it (sandra)

Rachel said...

sometimes I'm just in one of those moods, but it was nice so many strangers said good day or Hi to me