Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Monday, August 28, 2023

Medical again

This time it's my ears, so had a half day Friday after working half an hour extra Monday to Thursday (I'm saving my annual leave just so I can disappear sometime in the future for a bit). 

Anyway I needed some wax removed and a 2.30 appointment worked out well for a half day shopping. I did apologize to the ear nurse on arrival in girl mode, stating it's how I reduces my anxiety and feels more normal than tee shirt and jeans.


Nurse said she was fine with it, I think she concentrates more on ears (well I hope so being a ear nurse). It was a very pleasant interaction, as was my lunch, where I had a nice conversation in the cafe with a charming late 50's gentleman over a newspaper article, followed up with an older woman who casually leaned over a chair back and started a conversation while waiting for her coffee to be made. These sorts of conversations never happen when I'm in male mode - are males that threatening?

Oh, shopping, tried on 3 dresses at "The Warehouse" - loved the $40 one on the hook behind me but also wanted to try on something a bit more clingy and see through. Also meandered through several ladies shops trying on various looks.


Earlier in the week, more coffee and lunch (Chicken Avo sandwich - one can have too many cakes).



 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi gorgeous you look absolutely amazing as usual 💗