Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Thursday, August 19, 2021

In lockdown number 4

Monday, I managed to get to the library and pick up a few books. I've gotten to the stage of not worrying about 3 days without shaving or applying makeup. Maybe something in the universe was telling me I'll have plenty of time for book reading


Tuesday, on the way home from work I decided to have a coffee stop, wearing one of my daughters blue and pink jumper and black pleated skirt. 


Sorry, this photo doesn't show the pleated skirt so I've done another photo for you. I was kind of hoping to get to H&M this week to buy one in my size, this extra small is a bit tight 😊

Anyway, about an hour after my coffee at Coffee Club, the government announced a snap lockdown at midnight Tuesday (6 hours notice). We had 1 case of community transmission of Covid. 3 days later and after a lot of testing, there were 25 people out there unknowing spreading it. Hopefully the next 5 days we won't top 120 and we can relax (assuming twats aren't breaking the rules, otherwise we could be out of work for weeks to come).

As for me, I've worn womens clothes each morning and afternoon, built some steps in the back yard and painted a trellis ready for installing on the front porch (someone built a 2 story next door that looks onto the porch). Lockdown gives me the time to do those projects that have been waiting on free time.



No comments: