Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, September 27, 2020

Another early start

 Well not that early, we've just started daylight saving, so it's an hour later than it actually feels like. That's a good thing and it means I can get shopping an hour earlier. It's quite easy but some people have difficulties with the concept of daylight savings.

Anyway, before 9am, I went out for a coffee, now I've wanted to wear my goth skirt ever since I got it, but last outing I didn't feel comfortable visiting my usual cafes or pub. Well today I managed to wear it. I love the lace and also how high the front is.

After morning coffee, I decided to visit Kmart, but the lacy skirt probably not appropriate so a change of skirts first (black denim). While there I tried on a couple of skirts and tops.



While the tops didn't quite work for me, I did buy the two skirts. They were both on special with this shiny green one being only $3.

Once the shopping mall was fully open, I spent an hour browsing around, having another coffee, reading the daily paper and generally just having a nice relaxing time.

Once I got home, it started raining heavily and as Auckland is on water restrictions and we're not allowed to use garden hoses, I joined one of my daughters in washing the cars in the rain - lots of fun.



 

No comments: