Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Monday, March 25, 2019

Day 22 of my "man flu"

Colds gone, as have the antibiotics, but I'm coughing like a dog to the point of vomiting and I'm very low on energy.
I'm not really feeling very feminine, in fact so much that I feel I could give up this girlish part of me (who hasn't done that before, only to have it return ten fold).
I'm feeling like I've been in the cabin far to long, and in desperate need of a motorbike or parachute, or a raft on white water, so I can feel the wind in my hair and FREEDOM.

But on one of my "better" morning, without make up, without a wig, and supporting a 5 day beard growth - I ventured out in a "I don't give a rats arse" mood, in skinny jeans and the top my wife bought me years ago in Paris.

Kind of funny, chin not shaved for days, but legs shaved yesterday.

Being a bit restless today, wife gave me permission to dress and go out for a drink, even selected 2 outfits, but the mood just isn't there and my cough would extinguish any femininity that I might have owned.

Maybe next time, I'll have a pretty dress on and a glass of wine.
I mean, that's why your here reading about this life style, just be aware, real life still happens to us.

No comments: