Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Monday, January 7, 2019

ROAD TRIP

So my daughters house is 10 hours south.
I bought tickets for the 4 girls to fly down to Wellington, allowing me a solitary road trip.
First stop was Huntly for a coffee.
A bit annoyed as a family with quite a few girls used the ladies rest room, but it was left to me to advise staff that the toilet paper dispenser was faulty. Luckily I checked before using the toilet.

I managed to stop near a cool rock that reminded me of the Devils Tower from Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

A bit more driving got me to the scenic stop of Huka Falls and Lake Taupo
 

About 30 minutes around the lake I found a nice spot to get my feet in the water.

Since it was quite and secluded, I stripped to bra and undies and got changed for the next leg of the journey....

The Desert Road and Mt Ruapehu.





10 minutes later I was at Waiouru Army museum for my very first visit and another coffee stop.
 

 My journey south brought me in to Feilding for another coffee, about 7 hours after I started out.












My girl time adventure finished in Masterton, after my car's starter motor failed to operate. Not so bad I suppose as I was only a few Km's from my destination. I'm just really glad it hadn't failed at any of my other stops.

After the road trip, a bit of sight seeing

 

 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Rachel I've just stumbled on this site & I think your pics are adorable.Some of the CD sites I've visited are all about making money & to have something like yours is so refreshing.I've been secretly dressing for years & the closest I've come to going public is driving my car while dressed late at night along the motorway.I am so jealous of you going out in public & hope I can pluck up the nerve to do so soon.My wife(who knows but is not that keen) is in Wellington until tomorrow night so I'm going to try & make myself look as beautiful as you & perhaps we could meet up in the near future.I like to call myself Nicky