Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Holiday's over

Got back home, my dog picked up Kennel Cough, something he was vaccinated against, even now he sits under my computer desk, his breathing sounding like an old chainsaw.
Sister-in-law still here, she's great to have around and she's an excellent cook, I would say even better than me, but has meant I've eaten lots of vegetarian meals (not that there's anything wrong with that).
Money is tight this week, after a lot was spent on the wedding, accommodation, fuel, car maintenance bills, kennel fees etc.

As for girl time, it has meant an hour here and there, usually having to be back home around 10 am so the girls can go out sight seeing (I tend to wake up 3-4 hours earlier).
Being summer and 27 degrees outside, short skirts and summer dresses are my go to clothes.




2 comments:

nicky said...

Hi Rachel My first comment was written on your later blog & I must add that I wish I had the guts to go out & do what you're doing.I'd love to have gone south on that road trip with you.My makeup skills are improving everytime I apply it & I've got myself a nice collection of dresses & skirts.I'm at the age where I couldn't care less if I got found out.Love to meet you.Nicky

Rachel said...

Hi Nicky.
Agreed about the other sites making money.
After 9 years I'm still not interested in even putting ads in to my blog, I just want it to be about real people in the real world.
Please feel free to email me

rachel.akld@gmail.com
(sorry if I got it wrong on my blog - time to put a full stop into that address)