Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Saturday, September 8, 2018

Belief System

At last, someone (aka Louis Marti, a PhD student at University of California) has discovered our belief system is created by "positive or negative reactions/feedback" rather than scientific evidence. Her research found that once belief is created, no facts are required to support belief.
I bet a few cult leaders, Flat Earthers and Anti-vaxxers have know this for centuries.
That's my "news" from today's newspaper, but what was I wearing you ask?

Simple, I was feeling a bit dark this morning and decided to use eyeliner under my eyes, and blush on my cheek, something I would never normally do, I don't normally want to be a painted lady.
But what the heck, so I completed my dark look with....




























Black lace top, mini skirt and dark stockings.
Now for some reason, a staff member thought I was a lady of the night so I corrected her by mentioning  I'm just about to start to work on a few cars (I didn't mention I was only working on my car, in order to sell it, which I did just hours after advertising it).

So after coffee and reading the newspaper, a change in to more appropriate day wear and a trip to the local mechanics.





Then yet another coffee, with a bit of breakfast at Hollywood bakery

Then off to the busy post office to pay my road licence.


2 down sides
First was my wife's insistence ALL eyeliner needs to be removed - lots of scrubbing.
Second, my youngest said "I look like an old Auntie that smokes".
Talk about coming back down to Earth!

No comments: