Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, August 5, 2018

Weekend escape with wife, and the week before

5 August
Weekend to the Bay of Islands with wife and friends, but getting there in girl mode, stopping for a coffee in Whangarei.
 That's the wife's skirt & shoe but not as much fun as I expected.
I'm used to people looking at me and they usually smile, as did the staff and another customer I chatted too, but unfortunately wife is not used to people looking at her and smiling.
She feels they are judging her badly for associating with me, so it's the second & last time Rachel will go out with her in public.
Before we got to the friends house, she helped wipe the make up off my face (remember your mum doing that after dinner when you were 6, well it felt like that).
Absolutely amazing winter weekend with friends, wine and great food.


31 July
Trip to buy more make up, daughter reckons I need to go 1 or 2 shades lighter with my concealer.
Decided to stop at the local pub on the way home.





28 July
Quick coffee, actually just want to wear a mini skirt out while the weather isn't freezing


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love going out wearing opaque tights, skirts, dresses, boots and shoes.
You also like to do this as I can see.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/153107942@N06/48096645687