Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Friday, July 27, 2018

busy day off

It's a sleep in Friday - love them.
Up at 6.20 as usual, to make my wife her morning coffee in bed.
Getting up at 8 to feed the birds, I found this bunch of colour stealing my nuts (he/she was not in to white bread like the rest are).






Once wife left for work, I got changed and went out for a 9 am coffee at Hollywood Bakery, my brief chance to read the newspaper.



 I had to check out The Warehouse as I really need new flats, I think these have walked 20 miles and in urgent need of replacing.
















My 2 middle girls got hungry at 10.30 and had me run down for Sushi. I don't eat the stuff so they had to write down their order. The Asian staff spoke better English than I do, so it was an easy pick up.


Main Reason for the day off - Taking my youngest daughter to the orthodontist to have her braces removed.

What an amazing interior, it was my first time there as I normally take her to his local practice.
The reception had trouble looking away as she told my daughter to take a seat in the waiting room and while the Orthodontist addressed me as mum, the female dentists knew I was "DAD in drag".
Afterwards, as a treat, we both went to McDonalds, yes they do great coffee as well as nice food. Again, staff treated me like any other woman

 

After getting home, I took the dog for a walk.
Daughter laughs that it was my 3rd change of clothes before 2 pm and I explained I can't walk him in heeled boots - makes perfect sense to me.
 
He might not look like a killer dog, but he's chopped more ankles and hands than many dogs twice his size.

No comments: