Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Friday, August 24, 2018

Upps, I told someone at work

I didn't need to tell anyone, done 37 years on the workforce, never missing a day and never had the need to tell anyone.
But I did.

Does it change who I am?
I mean I still working out at the gym to increase my muscles, still taking tablets that "should" increase my testosterone (not that I've ever really had much of that except that one time when the doctor injected a tonne of it in to my arse cheek and I couldn't sit down for 2 weeks), I still work hard and like to play hard.

I could delete this web site (dump my clothes and make up - who hasn't done that a few times before).
I could re-invent myself....
win Lotto, buy skis and live for the winter snow
Sell the house, give the money to the wife and go bush.
I remember the days when I was "tough" even with my short, light weight body needing very little to survive in the bush, better than average with a 308 rifle and spending hours doing martial arts.

But this softer life, with my amazing wife and kids, is sooo much more fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree it is so much fun. And I have always wanted to ask how do you meet others, I think her name is Jodie and you mentioned
Someone else the other day, and yes everyone wants an email address, any tips greatly appreciated.

Rachel said...

Tvchix is one site, but I think it's used mostly as a dating site and I lost interest in it years ago as 98% wanted dates. There many support groups around now on the net, plus TG friendly clubs. 1 of the main reasons I set up this blog was to find like minded friends and the gmail is easy to setup.