Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Weekend gardening except for a brief escape

Wife and I differ when it comes to interests.
She likes gardening during the day and in the evenings, watching renovation shows.
I like shopping, reading and the occasional movie (current book is a scientific book about magnetism in the universe and I've just finished watching Saving Private Ryan for the 3rd time since it was released).

This weekend I've been all out helping my wife in the garden (after last weekends little blowup, why wouldn't I try to make the weekend special), but she did give me 4 hours leave for some girl time.

Sunday morning
I was awake by 5.30 am, laid in bed another hour hoping sleep would re-commence, it didn't so I slipped into my pink & black 3/4 tights, push up bra and sporty, semi-see through light blue top.
One of my girls was up and in her sports tights and getting ready for a run when I exited the house and headed to the gym.
Had a nice little chat with the gym instructor.
If you ever want a strange sight, me dressed feminine and using bar bells to work my biceps while wearing bright red nail polish. It's not like I ever had much testosterone, but I did like having visible muscles when I was 20 and I really want them back again.
After an hour at the gym, I headed for the "family change room" (don't want to use the men's, can't use the ladies, so they allow me to have a private change area), got changed, put on make up except my wife has my mascara - again.

I got to Sylvia Park Mall around 8.45 am, found cheap mascara that will be fine until my daughter steals it next weekend, once she gets home from Uni. I also tried on 2 lovely summer pants outfit in the same department shop.

9.30 am I got to have a morning coffee with a friend who's fairly new to presenting as a female and spent another hour helping her with shopping, encouraging her into trying new styles etc.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel, do you shave as you just get up and put make up on I never have a smooth face in the morning and when I do put on say BB cream it sticks to the whiskers? Any tricks you can share?

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel, starting to get more comments I see. My partner is away again so Anneke can come out to play. Most of tomorrow and Thursday hopefully. Nice to have somebody to meet how do you become acquainted? I have looked at a few sites but they all want emails and I do not want to get into that. I have whiskers too and have to have a good shave, first electric and then wet shaving against the hairs, usually sorts me out. Gruesome eh??? Anyway here's to girl time. Anneke.

Rachel said...

So I've been asked about shaving
I used to have a black beard, but now it's 70% grey

For a casual outing, I generally shave the night before, with the shower running and time for my beard to absorb some water, a good razor and soap does the trick.

For a special outing, I would wet shave just before moisturizing and putting on concealer.

The real trick, is NOT to put my glasses on, because if I did, I would see the dark hairs just under my nose, or the little flecks at the corner of my mouth that make up can't hide.

In reality, I'm never going to truly "pass" as a female, so I do what I can in the time available, but if I had the money and the wife agreed, I would get IPL or VPL.