Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Oh what a night !!!

Started with me being late home, but within 20 minutes - Rachel was ready (almost)

Racing out the door at 17:05 hrs (5.05 pm).
3 of my daughters were sitting, chatting on the patio (porch), when I stopped mid stride -
"Arrrgh, forgot my nail polish".
"It's not important, just go and enjoy your night" commented one of the girls - so I did.

I picked up Josie and we headed for Sylvia Park shopping center for dinner.
I had a fantastic pulled lamb dish at "Casablanca", while she had the chicken kebab that had mashed potatoes with what looked like a peach sauce. I only know mine was fantastic but hers looked to be equally so.

After dinner and a glass of wine, we meandered over to "Birdie's" for a few drinks while looking forsome photo shots with my cheap phone camera (wishing my DSLR camera was hand bag sized).





















We kind of ..... "had a few drinks" over a couple of hours and enjoyed light banter with the staff.
I was really in the mood for dancing, which I just don't ever do in boy mode, but without a dance floor, decided hold up the bar was a better option.
If only every night could be like this.


Eventually reality reclaimed us from this brief respite.
I went home showered, hopped into bed, cuddled up to the most amazing woman in the world and fell into a contented sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel looks like Josie and you had a good evening out and you had your Pagani dress on. My partner is away again next week so Anneke should be able to come out to play Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning, I am looking forward to it. Looking for somewhere else to wander as I always seem to go to the same spots. They must feel safe for me.The North Shore does not feel as user friendly as where you are. I'll keep thinking. Anneke.

Rachel said...

Milford shopping center was my early places for outings.

Albany once or twice, mostly during work hours (no makeup or wig, just a pretty bra and thin top), - will be there Thursday around 9.30 at Hollywood bakery, 20 minute coffee break between customer visits.