Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Building work in progress

I normally walk the dog in the evening, but due to time off to meet contractors, I've managed a few day time walks.



Saturday morning I made it to the gym. I would normally train for muscle build but recently found out I needed running speed, so the treadmill has become my best friend.

Went to the supermarket straight after for a jar of coffee, milk and some lunch stuff (we normally pop in daily as it's only 2 minutes by car or 10 minutes on foot). Checkout girl was chatting to me about workouts, the fun and the horrible bits.

Saturday after 10, was all about the build - ie. me running around with the biggest hand held (18 inch) concrete cutter, doing 150 mm cuts all around the house for 4 hours. Talk about workouts and muscle building -wife thought it fun but she forgot to take photos for you.

SUNDAY, the day of rest???
I got dressed real pretty in my new white blouse and a black skirt, took Miss 20 to a course she has to do for work, but took her through McDonalds drive through for her breakfast. After dropping her off I went back to the same McDonalds for a nice relaxing breakfast.
I had decided on a dark lipstick as I was over the lighter and pinker colour that is my normal, the girl serving complimented me on the colour choice which made me feel really good. What girl doesn't like compliments  :)
 
After about 40 minutes, I got bored and decided to get back to the renovations.
I'm not sure how or when, but just as I was leaving I noticed 2 large coffee marks on my brand new - never worn before, blouse. I raced into the ladies and luckily it cleaned up as good as new.

While removing an external door, my hammer struck the concrete floor slab, which fractured and got me in the eye (which in turn ruined my mascara).
Rest of the day I've been working with one eye shut and got a heck of a headache. So now I think I'll wear my safety glasses even when using boring hand tools.

No comments: