Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Wife got a replacement car

So January 1st, Miss 17 wrote off the family Mazda Demio (our city runner).
Thursday we managed to find a replacement, a 2007 Nissan Tiida.


It's new to this country and I'm doing quite well at decoding the Japanese Radio/tv/2 camera/DVD & 30 Gb hard drive audio system. I manager to put a FM Band Expander on, although with 3 coax cables my first attempt I spliced into one of the car cameras, but second attempt got the aerial and all is good.

If anyone can help with changing the time on this Sanyo NVA-HD7707, I would appreciate an email, also cool if you had any ideas on how to add & delete music and movies from the hard drive.
Today I had to remove the front grill and swap the wires on the horn, as someone had the 12 connected to the ground and fuse was blown - but all good now.

So I took the wife's car for a wee drive.
First I went to the Auckland Maritime Museum, only to find the local parking was $12 minimum (only had to leave before 6am the next morning, but I was only planning on being an hour, 2 max), so I ended up just relaxing at a local coffee shop with free parking.
Besides, while it's overcast, being inside an air conditioned mall is much nicer than sweating into ones wig. With the wife's city car, I did notice that getting changed in it was more difficult than in my 8 seater wagon, but since it only used 1/2 the petrol I will learn to live with it :)

No comments: