Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Trying less

Wife would like me to not dress as much.....
I'm unsure how that would work without getting more grumpy.
I've dressed more manly this week for her and was probably a good change for me.

Unfortunately my inner girl nagged me in the wee hours this morning for an outing.
Being dark outside at 5.30 am I decided to dress and darken my eyes with eyeliner top and bottom and put on my brightest red lipstick, trying to look like a party girl.
It was the longest make up session I've had, about 20 minutes and I realized the dark sultry look is not really who I am (think I'll stick to light day make up in future), but here is my best attempt so far using the selfie camera and bad lighting.

My top is about 15 years old, seen plenty of wear but I just love how tight it is and how in bright light it shimmers.

So I'm sneaking out 4 hours before my wife would normally wake up and pretty much walked straight in to my 19 year old daughters boyfriend, who until now probably didn't now about this aspect of me.

This weekend we have had a bit of a weather bomb, torrential rain and high winds bringing down trees which has taken out a few overhead power lines.

Drove to a 24hr McDonalds for one of their great coffees, read the paper, relaxed a bit before driving to the petrol station for more fuel.
 

I did take a change of clothes, longer skirt and a normal cotton top, but as there is very little to do at that time of the morning and I was feeling tired, I decided to head for home.
Once I got home, I cuddled up to my wife at 7.30 and fell asleep for another 2 hours.

It was enough of an outing to relax and chill my emotions, but I still reflect back as to how natural I feel when presenting as a girl -- that's another life that my real life keeps interrupting.

No comments: