Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, December 14, 2014

It's Christmas Shopping Time

It's summer here now, so warm, wet & windy for the next 30 days or so.
I really wanted to break out my summer dresses, settled for a Christmasy red top, and a mini skirt to show off my legs.
By 9 am, the shops just opening their doors and the mall was already packed.
Josie & I had brunch that took us to 10 am, chatted about me hoping to find a new lip gloss pallet, Christmas presents for the kids and review a Cosmology presentation we went to last Wednesday. While it was an interesting, I had a few niggles about the event horizon, actually just realized typing this - the universe is way bigger than we can see, it's just that light from distant galaxies hasn't yet had time to reach us since the Big Bang.

After brunch we had a walk around the shops, got lots of smiles, I chatted to one sales lady and wished a few others Merry Christmas as we browsed their shops.

As I had already spent up on big presents, I could only afford to window shop but found a few cool stocking fillers for the kids that I will probably return for next weekend. Shame really as I saw a few nice classy summer dresses that I wanted, even though I already have a wardrobe full.

Wife would like Santa to bring her a Splash Back for the stove, but Santa needs her to chose a colour first as Santa is not that good at choosing her favorite colour. Meanwhile my hedge trimmer still hasn't been wrapped to look like a surprise


Hopefully we can catch up before Christmas, but if not, have a great Christmas and my love goes out to you and your family

Rachel xxx

No comments: