Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Coffee Club brunch

Up early, 2 little sleepers in the living room as I snuck out.
Feeling a bit showy - shinny tights, shoe string top and heels, showing off my butt etc.
Think I applied to much foundation, face looks like it's had a spray tan.
Miss 14 took my favourite skirt last night, I didn't want her to as I had planned a discrete outfit with it for this morning. Unfortunately I couldn't say anything in front of her boyfriend.
So after days of planning what to wear, with THAT skirt out, I tried on plan B, C, D and ended up wearing plan E as seen below - a girl is allowed to change her mind!!!

Sitting at Mcdonalds, read the paper, taken a few photos for you...but it's still only 7am and the shop is getting busy. 2 hours time I'll be having brunch, hope I'm not under dressed.

























8am and Kmart opens, shopping time
A browse through cosmetics and I find the mascara that all us girls have fallen in love with. At $30 I wonder if they can be part of a Christmas present. I know if I buy one for me, it will go missing within days.
Got to the clothing department, tried on a nice sheer black blouse, loved it, loved orange dress ($19) more...
Sorry about the focus, I think the camera focused before I stepped back out of the change cubical, hopefully you will see it soon - yes I bought it.


Anyway, back in to my earlier clothes and meet up with Josie at the Coffee Club, showed her my new dress, showed her my photos of the eclipse (copy on my photo page), chatted about home buying, clothes stores etc while we had a lovely breakfast.

On the way home, I had to stop at Repco car parts for a new rear wiper, the chap behind the counter cut it to the correct size for me to fit. The way everyone was checking me out, one would think hot women never went in there :)

I had such a lovely morning strutting around in tights, seeing Josie, etc, it was heart breaking to change back.





2 comments:

Tia C.D. said...

that bright dress is gorgeous :) wish i could pull it off as nice as you

Rachel said...

Thanks, and had I known Josie was going to wear a lovely red dress the week before, I probably would have bought it for that outing. Yesterday I got nails and nail polish to match, just didn't have anywhere fun to go - maybe next Monday I'll get out for a few hours.