Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday15th July

My internal alarm clock woke me at 6am and decided to be out and having my wake up coffee at 7.15. A light rain has set in for the day and while concerned for my hair, decided I badly needed to be noticed so it was on with my shinny clothes. Tights and skirt not technically mine but you know the rules about possession - My 18 year old is still wearing my cotton tights, and still looking better in them than me (bitchin), but I do like my 14 year old daughters shinny tights as in this photo - nicer still, she is letting me use them this weekend.

Perhaps next time I'll chose a black bra, I didn't realise the top would be stretched that thin, actually it only looks bad because of the camera flash.
I was going to wear my tight blue top and no skirt, maybe next time.

When I left McDonalds just after 8am, after my coffee and having read the paper, there were only about 12 customers in the shop and 8 staff

I changed again to a more respectable blue skirt and white top to visit Sylvia Park shopping centre and check my Lotto ticket. One day soon, I'm sure, I'll win some money back, hopefully more than I've paid in over the years. I also stopped for a cup of tea and wonder through the book shop as my wife wants "50 Shades of Grey" and Miss 13 is after another "Hunger Games" book.


I managed to get home in time for lunch as we like to get the family together once a week, also assembled a DVD from old VHS tapes and painted a headboard. The rain has slowed and I find myself wishing I was still dressed up and out meeting people.

1 comment:

Hugofocus said...

I love your blog Rachel. Your style is similar to mine. Here I am working in a charity shop part time. https://flic.kr/p/2m9Lxnv