Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Monday, July 9, 2012

Still haven't done a full days outing

It's been 1 or 2 degrees in the mornings, with afternoon highs of 10.
Oldest "stole" my favorite warm tights - until she needs them washed then they will be back, and only left me with leopard print, so I used her top and skirt for my Sunday morning outing and grocery shopping. Not sure if anyone really noticed me, maybe I should have worn something colourful. I really wanted to wear my new blue skirt, but with the leopard tights people might think I'm crazy

I had to be back home by 10am to take the family out to explore Devonport tunnels (with picnic lunch) and also tried out the Auckland out door ice skating ring (OK the girls did while wife and I had coffee and watched). It was a fabulous day for everyone.

Currently I've been inspired to learn more about the Universe and atomic physics and about how it all relates, and hope to see some interesting new developments in the next 10 years. I often wonder if some more of Arthur C Clarks writings will end up being real one day.

PS - don't try this at home - those boots are foot killers, definitely not for walking in

Love you
rachel.akld@gmail.com

No comments: