Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Monday, February 27, 2012

Sunday 26th Feb

This week I've spent a few hours in my 14 year olds daughters t-shirt & high waisted black mini skirt, it seemed only fair since she was in my LBD which I bought when I took 2 of girls clothes shopping on the 2nd Jan. She reckons she has the better arse, but I still tease her that mines better in a mini (I know it's not true, but I'm allowed to dream). I like the fact that she can accessorise to make our clothes look younger or I can use them appropriately for my age. I love relaxing in female clothes.

My oldest girl (nearing 19) has decided to move out, it's a really exciting time for her, with University starting today (Monday 28th), checking out inner city flats etc. It will probably mean I can't borrow her leopard print tights, her black mini and a few other nice tops. She gets upset when I wear skirts, yet she lets me wear her tights & tops. Her car sold, I wasn't to keen to let it go so cheaply, but at least I dont have to pay any more repairs or tax on it.
Teenage years with girls is hell, and (amazingly) it's really cool that our first one has become a wonderful, caring young lady - with 3 more to go, maybe I should buy grey wigs.

Morning Coffee at Sylvia Park & evening coffee at a Coffee Club.


















Anyway I digress, Sunday morning was shopping in 14 year olds white top & high waisted mini skirt, coffee & groceries at Sylvia Park. I looked at Supre and a few other clothes shops, but I'm a bit broke (cashless) for the next 4 weeks. Between manly duties like swimming with my youngest, selling a car, attending and cooking for a street BBQ, I somehow managed to snatch an hour latter in the afternoon for a relaxing drink, in my wifes lovely pink and turquoise shoe string dress. It's amazing how many people smile when I enter a coffee shop in such a lovely dress. As I left the shop a beautiful young woman walked passed and we smiled to each other, personally I would have loved to have invited her home, but being very happily married I continued on my way.
The downer on Sunday - I really really wanted go to the ELVIS IN THE PARK party at Auckland Botanic gardens, just not enough hours in the day for everything.

No comments: