Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, April 21, 2024

Escape Auckland

I've had a few days "On Site", even got on the tools a bit (as a refresher). 

The nice thing about being out of town, is the ability to wear what you want, eat what you want and go where ever the mood takes you (mostly sitting around the hotel at night watching TV).

 



Well at least I know where my lipstick went. I'm not overly impressed by Dunkin' Donuts coffee cup lids, they remind me of a kids sipper bottle and I ain't that young anymore.


I was lucky I didn't have to wear the hard hat all day, but just noticed my work socks leave a bit of a indentation. Not that I would have noticed had I not been looking at the photo
The cure to the sock indent issue - longer dresses during these away trips. I don't really mind actually, being away from home means I can dress each evening the way I want. The down side is, my heels have worn a hole in my toe 😞

So on the motorway on the way home, a truck driver honked and I assumed they got excited by my legs. He soon over took me again (there was quite a bit of traffic all with different speeds) and as I passed him the second and last time I heard him shouting like "Woo". I'm not into that sort of stuff and didn't appreciate it at all. If someone likes my legs, I'd rather they just walk up to me and say "Hi, how's your day going" or something similar to start an intelligent conversation. I mean, even the girl at the petrol station was very nice to me (as most people are) and would have been more interesting than someone just honking and shouting.


No comments: