Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Monday, May 1, 2023

I love holidays :)

It's just a time to enjoy life

Okay it's rained quite a bit and I probably should fix the  lower roof which will cost about $4,000 for new roof iron, then there's a leak upstairs on the main roof which I don't understand as I put new underlay under 3 summers ago. The previous owner used expanding foam to prevent the gutter valley from over flowing into the roof cavity, so maybe I should reinstall similar.

In the mean time - enjoying life ๐Ÿ˜




Had a coffee at Newmarket shopping mall.
The nice young woman on my right offered to take photos for me since I was having trouble with the front camera getting the photo in a semi reasonable condition, so using the main camera she took about 8 photos as she walked around me. Had a nice chat afterwards.



Two places I sometimes see other people dressed outside the gender norms, Auckland winter gardens and Greenlane McDonalds - Sometimes I think how nice it would be to have a meet up at McDonalds, but then I remember how private and how much we try to blend, that such a meeting would indicate how much we don't blend. Besides, what would I say to someone with similar dressing needs "nice dress" or "who's got the coolest car engine with chrome headers"?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feel the same way. Would love to hang out. Past the stage of being self conscious and now just enjoy every outing. McD Greelane being one of them๐Ÿ’ƒ