Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Day 14 of lock down

So I built foundations and a floor for my shed, moved it 40 meters, added solar lights, labeled all the tools.

 

I've also scrubbed the kitchen walls and painted the kitchen. I finished off the bathroom plumbing as the plumbers couldn't finish due to the lock down - painted it as well (wife bought 14 litres / 3.7 gallons of paint before lock down).

Wife advised me the other night that our daughter and son-in-law might be staying an extra few years in our house (they have the downstairs area and we share the kitchen). Anyway I decided nail polish was okay since they are staying a lot longer than July.

Yesterday I was sitting on the deck in grey tights with my wife, when the son-in-law came up and presented our grand child for a 15 minute visit.

Today wife and daughter went to the shops, so I allowed myself 30 minutes of dress up time (okay I was cleaning the fridge & freezer). Just my youngest, son-in-law and my grandchild was home.

 

Yes, we have teddy bears in our windows - I know it's based on some children's book that I haven't read, but the families with young children doing their daily walk appreciate the bear hunt.

Looks like New Zealand is on the right track to be virus free in the next couple of months, the scientists and politicians are all doing the right thing, as are 98% of the population.

No comments: