Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, July 21, 2019

3 hours of girl time

It doesn't sound like much, but it's enough to take the hard edge off my nerves.

I had to leave home in boy mode due to the people at home, so it was a car change. I realized I forgot to bring make up wipes, so had to go minimalistic, foundation, mascara and lipstick. It will mean visiting a ladies room before getting home and using a wet paper towel to remove as much as possible.

First stop, McDonald's for lunch.
Delicious coffee, the Big Mac makes my library card look big.
I'm sure back as a kid, the Big Mac was big, but still, it was enough and so tasty.


I finished my coffee at Takapuna beach. Found a very nice lady who took this photo for us, with Rangitoto Island in the back ground.
While I was wearing wide heels, it's still difficult to walk on the sand so I ended up barefoot for my stroll. I think half the city was out enjoying the warm weather today.


On the way home I stopped at Bunnings, visited the ladies room for a leak and to remove my make up, also a good time to by some trim for the never ending bathroom renovation that the wife has been mentioning for a few months now
.

No comments: