Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, September 4, 2016

So it's fathers day here

I'm luck enough to have the daughters who work, at home (University girl has gone down the line to see her boyfriend and youngest is with her birth mum).
So earlier in the week when my 2 girls offered to buy me brunch for fathers day, I was over the moon.
I had planned on pancakes, bacon and grilled banana.
But my girls were in 2 minds, should we celebrate fathers day with only half the family or should we wait until everyone is home.
At 2 am this morning, they advised me that they will wait for the others to return.
So my fathers day brunch was McDonalds hotcakes and coffee

It's kind of a good idea for them, that they postponed, had we gone today it would have cost them $40 each, but once the non-workers get back, it would be unfair for them to buy everyone brunch so instead I will be paying $130. Also nice and generous mum will allow them to bring their boyfriends or "plus 1" so fathers day will once again cost me about $250 like it does most years. 
Actually I don't think I will go to that brunch, I may stay home and have peanut butter on toast instead.

No comments: