Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Cheap Tuesdays at the movies

After so long without girl time, I found myself starting to get cranky.
I had planned a weekend outing, but got busy and had friends over, so re-schedualed to Monday.
Monday had daughters new boy friend over for dinner.
Tuesday - nearly didn't get out, tired, but wife took over the chores (a run to the airport), so a quick change in to oldest daughters dress and out the door.
I had hoped to go to a quiet bar for a glass of wine, but all my local bars were full and since I was alone, I got scared, I mean, what sort of person goes and drinks alone - only crazy or lonely people right?

Well if you think we aren't noticed when we step out the door - the coffee shop I went to knew my order, even though it was only my second visit, the first being about 5 weeks ago.

Sorry about my cheap phone camera quality
















I got to watch Money Monsters (not Tarzan - but thanks to staff for taking the photo), it was alright for some light entertainment.

Wednesday-
You know your getting old when you have to go for blood tests, make sure your iron levels are up and all the other stuff they check. The nurse was really nice and helped me relax.


 



1 comment:

ajderxsen said...

This isn't life. Jesus Christ said:

"I tell you the truth, anyone who believes has eternal life." (John 6:47)

"The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give [you] life to the full." (John 10:10)

"I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying." (John 11:25)

What you're actually doing is attempting to flee your real self: a sinner facing eternal judgment. You've fabricated a false self in the process. Jesus wants to give you a NEW self, in relationship with Him.